The Self Made Strategies Podcast Episode with Mac Mart
Marti Lieberman’s Mac Mart debuted on the streets of Drexel University’s campus in the winter of 2013. Without much experience running her own business, let alone a food truck, Marti knew there were some kinks to work out but she was determined to succeed. While her cheese sauce was always a hit, she felt like there was something still missing.
Shortly after opening
Marti brought on two people to complete her team: Her sister, Pamela and her (now husband), Garrett Jablonski. By combining Marti’s background in public relations, Pamela’s love of all things culinary, and utilizing Garrett’s brawn for day-to-day operations, the bright pink truck became an instant hit at private affairs, night markets, and food festivals.
Catering for the likes of Forbes, Starr Events, Philadelphia Eagles, Philadelphia 76ers, Wawa CEO and Executive team to name a few, Mac Mart built up quite a following.
Opening a store
With a large social media presence all over the globe and constantly selling out of the famous Mac and Cheese, Mac Mart figured it was high time to open its first flagship store in its hometown of Philadelphia. After months of planning, Mac Mart opened its doors in Rittenhouse in the spring of 2016 with expansion plans already in the works!
- On today’s episode we will:
- Get to know Marti and Pamela and hear more about the strategies you can you use to pivot your business
- How to deal with rapid growth, if your brand goes success
- Explore the best ways to improve your efficiency as an executive or entrepreneur
What you will learn on this episode:
- The main challenges Marti and Pamela faced when pivoting from a food truck to a brick and mortar location
- How Marti and Pamela use social media to engage with their customers and audience
- The social media strategies you can use to build a large following
- How Mac Mart is killing it on QVC
- Best practices that Mac Mart uses for ensuring that they are maintaining the quality (both from a freshness, but also from a taste perspective) of their Mac and Cheese, and how you can apply the same concepts to your business
- The metrics that Mac Mart uses to measure their success
- 3 tips for maintaining your standards while you are growing rapidly
- And so much more!
After you’ve listened to the episode, make sure you visit Mac Mart (https://macmartcart.com/) to get your hands on some delicious Mac and Cheese.