Episode 075 of the Self Made Strategies Podcast
Natalie Nixon, PhD is a hybrid thinker, comfortably synthesizing creative and analytical thought processes from design and business to arrive at innovative opportunities. She changes lives through ideas. She is a creativity strategist who happily integrates wonder and rigor into her life and work. At Figure 8 Thinking, she emboldens leaders and organizations to apply creativity & foresight for transformative business results. Clients have included Comcast, Bloomberg, Vanguard and Living Cities. Natalie incorporates her background in anthropology and fashion, as well as her experiences living in Brazil, Israel, Germany, Sri Lanka, and Portugal to help her clients become more dynamic versions of themselves.
She is a global speaker and the author of The Creativity Leap: Unleash Curiosity, Improvisation and Intuition at Work; the editor of Strategic Design Thinking: Innovation in Products, Services, Experiences, and Beyond; and a regular contributor to Inc. magazine on creativity, design thinking and the future of work.
You can check out Natalie’s speaker reel here: https://www.figure8thinking.com/speaking/
You can also order Natalie’s book here: https://www.amazon.com/Creativity-Leap-Curiosity-Improvisation-Intuition/dp/B07Y4JNH26/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0
On this episode we discussed:
- Why using scenario planning, to analyze potential futures, may ultimately lead you to becoming more dynamic
- Uncovering different business models, using “amplifying wonder and digging into rigor” to increase your “creativity ROI”
- Becoming more improvisational as an entrepreneur
- How to overcome culture shock, while you are trying to innovate
- Why you need to use a “show and tell” strategy, to help push your organization towards change
- How Insight, Intuition, and Improvisation all come together to amplify creativity
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are obeying the COVID-19 isolation orders) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).