EPISODE 077 with Tim McDermott, Chief Business Officer of the Philadelphia Union
Tim McDermott joined the Philadelphia Union as Chief Business Officer on Jan. 27, 2016. He oversees all of the club’s business operations, including its USL team, Bethlehem Steel FC, which played its inaugural game in 2016, as well as the Philadelphia Union Academy.
Since joining the Union, McDermott’s efforts have been focused on increasing the brand strength, fan base, and revenue opportunities. Under his oversight, the Union achieved their highest ever single-season partnership revenue in 2017 and achieved consecutive seasons of ticket revenue growth for the first time in franchise history. The club also won the 2017 J.D. Power Award for Best Fan Experience in Philadelphia and was named the 2017 MLS Digital Team of the Year as well as the 2018 eMLS Team of the Year.
Tim leads the business operations of the Philadelphia Union, Bethlehem Steel FC (USL), and the Union Academy. Tim is also a self-proclaimed growth acceleration leader and idea guy…who loves his family more than anything.
On this episode we discussed:
- How Tim is using his innovative approach to help the Philadelphia Union overcome the challenges associated with COVID-19
- The development strategies Tim is implementing to help improve the community around the Philadelphia Union, despite dealing with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- How Tim’s constant curiosity has helped him focus on innovation
- Tim’s approach to keeping the Union’s team engaged while working remotely
- How you can help the Philadelphia Union and the surrounding community
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are obeying the COVID-19 isolation orders) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform. You can find us on: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, and Spreaker.