Brian Oliveira – Happy Hour Hospitality and @cozinha_philly
Self Made Strategies is now also available on the Self Made Strategies YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOG-mybCfvYWhoXo4vPoB5g
On this episode, we sat down (virtually) with Brian Oliveira. Brian formerly owned Girard Brasserie & Bruncherie, Philly’s first fair wage restaurant (and the first restaurant in Philadelphia to pay its workers $15/hr). He currently owns Happy Hour Hospitality, a full service catering and events business, and recently launched Cozinha as a side project for Portuguese pop-ups around the city of Philadelphia.
Visit Happy Hour Hospitality here: happyhourhospitality.com
On this episode you will hear:
- How Brian started Girard, and why he eventually had to let that restaurant go.
- The lessons Brian learned from running Brasserie.
- How Brian’s experiences eventually led to the beginning of Happy Hour Hospitality.
- Why Brian chose to work another job, while working towards launching Happy Hour Hospitality.
- We also discuss fair wage business models, and pay disparities in restaurant business (front of house-back of house, etc.).
- Lastly, we talk about the impact of COVID-19 on the restaurant/hospitality industries.
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted and produced by Tony Lopes, and edited by Eric Leidelmeyer. Brian Oliveira joined us remotely, via Zoom.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guest – Chef Brian Oliveira
Editor – Eric Leidelmeyer
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 – SoftStix Productions LLC