Shindy Chen – Remote work culture success
Self Made Strategies is now also available on the Self Made Strategies YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOG-mybCfvYWhoXo4vPoB5g
On this episode, we sat down (virtually) with Shindy Chen. Shindy is a published author and founder & CEO of Scribe, a financial content agency. Her first book, “The Credit Cleanup Book,” was published in October 2014. The sequel, “Credit Score Hacks: How to Boost Your Credit Score Fast and Keep it Great,” was released in September 2017, and hit #1 on two different Amazon Bestseller lists in its first week. “The First Time” was released in February 2017 and was my first work of erotic fiction (because why not 😜). Her female travel safety site, Girl Going Gone, ran from 2012-2015, and aimed to help women travel solo safely around the world.
Before Scribe, she was the content manager at Betterment, and a managing content editor for a financial services CRM company. She also worked in broadcast journalism for Bloomberg TV in London and at CNBC in the U.S. for the primetime show “Mad Money w/Jim Cramer.” She has also covered personal finance, career, travel, and lifestyle topics for the Huffington Post and Girlboss.com, among others.
Before all of this, she worked in financial services and lending, first at a Fortune 250 company, and later at what was then the nation’s 4th largest bank.
Visit Scribe here: thescri.be/
On this episode you will hear:
- How went from published author, to self published author, to founder of Scribe.
- The lessons Shindy learned in the first year of growing Scribe on her own.
- How you can scale and sell a profitable business.
- What to do if you are planning to undergo a career change from corporate life to starting a company.
- Shindy talks about how she worked for years on her side hustle [writing high quality financial content for companies] before launching Scribe.
- How to efficiently implement a remote work company culture, from day one.
- You will also hear Shindy’s best practices and tools for automation.
- Then Shindy talks about her favorite remote technology tools.
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted and produced by Tony Lopes, and edited by Eric Leidelmeyer. Shindy Chen joined us remotely, via Zoom.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guest – Shindy Chen
Editor – Eric Leidelmeyer
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 – SoftStix Productions LLC