On this episode, we sat down (virtually) with Todd Cochrane, CEO and Founder of Blubrry Podcasting (a/k/a RawVoice). He is the founder of the People’s Choice Podcast Awards and the Tech Podcast Network. Todd was inducted into the inaugural class of the Podcast Hall of Fame in 2015. Perhaps his biggest influence on podcasting is Blubrry Podcasting and its parent company RawVoice, which offers a directory of more than 1.35 Million shows, the No. 1 plugin for WordPress and much more.
He is also the Founder of Geek News Central and host of the Geek News Central Podcast, as well as the co-host of the New Media Show podcast. He is a Podcast Hall of Fame Inductee and was one of the very first podcasters in 2004. He wrote the first book on podcasting (called “Podcasting: Do-It-Yourself Guide,” available on Amazon), and did many of the early Podcast Advertising deals in the podcasting space (he’s credited with introducing the first advertisers into podcasting – that was GoDaddy).
On this episode you will hear:
- How Todd went from Naval Officer to Podcasting
- The methods that Todd used to launch his first show
- Todd will also share the story of how he got one of the first advertisers in podcasting, GoDaddy.com
- Then we talk about best practices for developing a podcast
- Todd will share knowledge he’s learned over the years
- As well as discussing how you can get a (honorary) PhD in podcasting by listening to the New Media Show (newmediashow.com)
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted, produced, and edited by Tony Lopes. Todd Cochrane joined us remotely, via Zoom.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guest – Todd Cochrane (www.blubrry.com)
Editor – Tony Lopes
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 – SoftStix Productions LLC