On this episode, we sat down (virtually) with Paul Attaway, a lawyer turned entrepreneur turned author. Paul recently retired from a thirty-year career as an entrepreneur. He has never liked that word: it sounds pretentious. He thinks it may be Latin for “no one will hire me.” Nevertheless, he’s here and excited for what comes next. As to what comes next… he is committed to a second career as a writer. He recently finished his first novel and loved creating it. He loved the process, staring at a blank sheet, the research, the character development, the joy of writing himself out of a corner. Loved it.
Paul is here to share his advice with you, to help you on your entrepreneurial path.
On this episode you will hear:
- How Paul found entrepreneurship after realizing he did not enjoy lawyering
- The methods that Paul used to find opportunity and become a successful entrepreneur
- Why the advice that Paul’s dad gave him helped to shape his perspective as an entrepreneur
- Paul also discusses the challenges of running a startup
- The best practices for working cooperatively with a business partner
- We also discussed the value of listening
- Last, but not least we discuss realistic strategic planning and how to know your limitations
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted, produced, and edited by Tony Lopes. Paul Attaway joined us remotely, via Zoom.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guest – Paul Attaway (www.paulattaway.com)
Editor – Tony Lopes
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 – SoftStix Productions LLC