On this episode, we spoke with Tim Keen. Tim is a LA-based marketer (originally from Melbourne, Australia, with a stint in Montreal) whose previous day job was with a touring rock band. He learned the ropes of performance marketing (the main focus of this episode) by dropshipping sex toys and bootleg Harry Potter merch. He then leveraged that experience to get his first-ever full-time job at the age of 28, which consisted of running Google Ads at MuteSix.
After scaling 3 clients to 10x revenue, in 6 months, he got back into the music industry with a stint at Roland, working on digital transformation, with their Global Marketing Team. Then he accidentally co-founded a digital marketing agency, called Loop Club, and the rest is history. Loop Club has grown 10x in the year and is poised to replicate that success in 2021. 60% of Loop Club’s clients have received additional funding or been acquired in the last year, and 90% have increased their revenue by at least 100%.
Loop works with high-growth eCommerce brands whose values they can get behind, and are deeply committed to diversity & inclusion within Loop Club’s own organization. Loop Club also dabbles in progressive politics: having ran paid media for the Nithya Raman For City Council campaign in Los Angeles, which got more votes than any city council campaign in Los Angeles history.
On this episode you will hear about:
- How Tim went from selling a band to selling sex toys online to a full time marketing firm
- Why the experience, being a part of an indie band, was great
- What “performance marketing” is and what it isn’t
- How you can use performance marketing in your business to scale
- Why performance marketing is essential to scaling a brand
- How performance marketing helps you to find what is actually driving real results (and how you can optimize that to scale)
- Why moving to the United States motivated Tim to become an entrepreneur
- The practical best practices that you should apply to your business (so that you can build up faster)
- Why measuring and optimizing your marketing plan is often a better focus for you than spending your money on marketing
- Why asking your clients for testimonials is of critical importance to building your business and marketing plan
- The reasons that you must niche your services, being tiny and specific, so that you can be the best at that offering
- What it was like, starting a marketing agency, during the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted, produced, and edited by Tony Lopes. Tim Keen joined us remotely, via Google Meet.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – email@example.com)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guest – Tim Keen (loop.club)
Editor – Tony Lopes
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 SoftStix Productions LLC, all rights reserved.