On this episode, we spoke with Jamie Nash, writer of Save the Cat! Writes for TV: The Last Book on Creating Binge-Worthy Content You’ll Ever Need. Jamie Nash has been a working screenwriter for more than a decade. He’s written feature films for Lionsgate, Haxan Films and Nickelodeon, among others. He is primarily a genre writer for Horror and Family (a weird combo, right?), he somehow makes it work. His new book SAVE THE CAT! WRITES FOR TV is now available here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0984157697/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_TCZGP3Q9AAY1CGNW5BNG.
Make sure you visit Jamies site here: jamienash.net.
On this episode you will hear about:
- How Jamie broke into TV writing, even though he started out as a computer scientist and programmer
- The dirty secret about making it in screenwriting
- How Jamie met Blake Snyder, which eventually led to the writing of Save the Cat!
- Why consistently writing several scripts a year has helped him to maintain his success
- How Jamie’s background in juggling relates to his entrepreneurial spirit
- How to hack storytelling
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted and produced by Tony Lopes, and edited by Michael Leary. Jamie Nash joined us remotely, via Google Meet.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guest – Jamie Nash
Editor – Michael Leary (onefifteenfilms.com)
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 SoftStix Productions LLC, all rights reserved.