Nardeep Khurmi is an acclaimed writer, director, and actor hailing from the suburbs of Philly by way of Switzerland and England. You can usually catch him on some mountain likely out of breath. Or pigging out on some delicious street food. He studied at NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts, FAMU International in Prague, Czech Republic, Upright Citizens Brigade (UCB), and recently completed a 5 year training with teacher Stephen Book.
His work spotlights underrepresented communities, and he splits his time working on thought-provoking, moving, socially relevant narratives and absurdist comedy pieces. He is currently developing a feature film about a trans-American road trip exploring a surrogate father-daughter relationship against the backdrop of America’s current border and immigration crisis. Nardeep is also an accomplished actor. His recent credits include 911, SWAT, The Odd Couple, and recurring roles on Jane the Virgin and The Bold and the Beautiful. He is currently recurring on Legendary Entertainment and the Nerdist’s show Orbital Redux, a revolutionary Sci-Fi show filmed and aired live, and is a heavy recurring on the Disney animated show Mira, Royal Detective, where he voices more than 10 characters.
On this episode you will hear about:
- Nardeep talks about his film, Land of Gold (how the idea came to him, and why he chose this subject).
- How going on instinct sometimes helps you to be faster and more efficient.
- Why journaling is a critical tool for the creative process.
- The reasons you should create a project “bible” when you are creating anything (products, services, marketing campaigns, films, etc.).
- Why pen and paper is still the best medium, and why you should just keep scribbling your ideas down until you feel “ready.”
- How to get feedback from your trusted advisors.
- Nardeep will give you the secret sauce for boosting your own creative energy and using your imagination.
- Why you should never delete anything (when you’re being creative).
- How improv can help you to be more creative and stay in the present moment.
- Why ultimately you need to just put your shit out there (perfection is the enemy of done).
- Nardeep and I get pretty deep, giving you some philosophy and motivation to get your projects going.
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was hosted, produced, and edited by Tony Lopes. Nardeep Khurmi joined us remotely, via Google Meet.
Executive Producer – Tony Lopes (SoftStix Productions LLC – firstname.lastname@example.org)
Host – Tony Lopes
Guests – Nardeep Khurmi (www.nardeepkhurmi.com)
Editor – Tony Lopes
The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by CollegeCast LLC (www.collegecastpodcasts.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform, so you can catch the latest episodes.
Copyright 2018 – 2021 SoftStix Productions LLC, all rights reserved.