On this episode of The Self Made Strategies Podcast, we sat down with Martha and Paul Sharkey, of the nonprofit organization, TODAY is a Good Day (www.todayisagoodday.org/).
About our guests: Martha and Paul Sharkey are the founders of the nonprofit TODAY is a Good Day. The mission of TODAY is a Good Day is to provide personal and financial support to families of premature babies during their time in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). TODAY is a Good Day offers monthly grants for families at Abington Memorial Hospital and Crozer Chester Medical Center, including support of utility bills, car seats, transportation expenses, pack-n-plays, lodging, and other needs. TODAY is a Good Day also offers care packages that are distributed through several area hospitals, including Abington Memorial Hospital, Crozer Chester Medical Center, Einstein Montgomery, and Einstein Philadelphia. TODAY is a Good Day also partners throughout the year with The Superhero Project to donate items for care packages provided to families at Holy Redeemer Hospital. In addition, care packages are sent across the country upon request.
On this episode of the Self Made Strategies Podcast, you will learn about:
• TODAY is a Good Day’s mission and how TODAY is a Good Day helps families with a baby in
the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (“NICU”).
• How does TODAY is a Good Day helps families who just need someone to talk to.
• How family or friends, of those families with babies in the NICU, can help a family member or
friend during a NICU stay or after a loss.
• The volunteer opportunities that exist for those who want to support TODAY is a Good Day.
• How entrepreneurs or business owners can get involved with or help TODAY is a Good Day.
• The programs TODAY is a Good Day offers for those looking for Corporate Social
• How nonprofit involvement, in organizations like TODAY is a Good Day, can help an
entrepreneur or business owner to improve their personal brand and network.
After you’ve listened to the episode, go to SelfMadeStrategies.com for more information about our show, exclusive content and to contact the Self Made Strategies show hosts.
You can also connect with us on:
• https://www.facebook.com/selfmadestrategies/ •
• https://twitter.com/SelfMadeStratGs •
• https://www.instagram.com/selfmadestrategies/ •
• https://www.linkedin.com/company/self-made-strategies/ •