Mitch Stoller is the Chief Philanthropic Officer of the AACR Foundation and Vice President of Development. The American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) is the first and largest cancer organization in the world, with 44,000 members in 120 countries. In his role, Stoller is responsible for leading the Foundation team to increase organizational brand awareness and to secure critical funds to support cancer research through strategic partnerships with corporations, foundations and individual giving initiatives.
With more than 30 years of experience as a non-profit executive, Stoller’s leadership has been instrumental to many high-profile organizations, including the Lance Armstrong Foundation (LiveSTRONG), the Christopher Reeve Paralysis Foundation, and the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Alliance. He was responsible for and implemented the iconic LiveStrong yellow wristband campaign, which raised over $75 million, and launched a fundraising paradigm. He joined the AACR Foundation in 2013.
On today’s episode we will:
• Get to know Mitch and hear more about the AACR
• Talk about the AACR’s upcoming events
• ˆProgress and Promise Against Cancer with NBC and Telemundo: on the air on 11/19/19
• Runners for Research, Philadelphia Marathon: happening on 11/23/19 – 11/24/19
• Revolutions for Research: happening on 12/07/19
• Discuss how Mitch is innovating a large organization and helping move the AACR in a new
• Then we will dive into the organizational strategies Mitch uses to get buy-in from industry
On this episode of the Self Made Strategies Podcast, you will learn about:
• The LiveSTRONG Yellow Wristband Campaign, as well as Mitch’s role in that campaign, and
how that led to where Mitch is now with the AACR Foundation.
• The development strategies Mitch is implementing to help grow and innovate the AACR
• How to bring innovation to large organizations
• Whether you should focus mainly on marketing to a new audience, or to find innovative ways
to approach your existing audience
• The pitfalls and hurdles you might face, while trying to grow a large organization’s outreach
• The upcoming events the AACR is planning, and the new campaigns they are preparing for
• As a bonus, you will hear about what Mitch is planning for 2020, to bring innovation to the
• And so much more!
After you’ve listened to the episode, make sure you visit the AACR (at https://www.aacrfoundation.org/) to donate, get more information, or join one of their upcoming events. You can also follow the AACR Foundation on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/AACRFoundation), Twitter (https://twitter.com/AACRFoundation), or Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/aacr_foundation/).
As always, you can always go to www.SelfMadeStrategies.com for more information about our show, exclusive content and to contact the Self Made Strategies hosts.
You can also connect with us on:
• https://www.facebook.com/selfmadestrategies/ •
• https://twitter.com/SelfMadeStratGs •
• https://www.instagram.com/selfmadestrategies/ •
• https://www.linkedin.com/company/self-made-strategies/ •